16th – 23rd May 2020
Enjoy a transformative seven day luxury yoga retreat experience on the beautiful island of Sicily from the 16th to the 23rd May 2020 (7 nights).
Travel days 16th & 23rd, so there will only be a short practice as everyone arrives and just before leaving.
Explore mind, body and spirit with twice daily yoga sessions delivered by Charlie Merton (Nadapriya Yoga and Therapies). Experience an energising, grounding but challenging morning practise perfectly complimented by a much slower pace afternoon/early evening Yin/restorative practice with daily pranayama and meditation.
Completely relax and unwind in a stunning location in the Sicilian countryside. Nourish your body with freshly prepared delicious vegetarian/fish meals (including vegan option).
Your yoga retreat includes accommodation, all meals and 21 hours of expert yoga tuition.
The maximum group size will be 16 people to ensure an optimum experience with plenty of individual attention.
The Danena Sicily yoga retreat is situated in the countryside on the beautiful Italian island of Sicily.
It’s a one hour drive south from Catania airport, on the island’s east coast. Hidden away from noise and neighbours it’s the perfect spot to escape, relax and rejuvenate.
It’s also just 10 minutes south from the unspoilt World Heritage town of Noto – one of Italy’s most beautiful historic centres. Ten minutes drive east is the Nature Reserve of Vendicari, a haven for wildlife, as well as some of the islands most beautiful and deserted golden-sand beaches.
The centre itself, ‘La Masseria’, is a 19th century farmhouse which has been purposely refurbished as a yoga retreat with a fully equipped yoga studio. It also has a beautiful outdoor infinity pool, three patios for eating or relaxing and a stunning sunset terrace.
Check in: 16th May 2020 (after 3pm)
Check out: 23rd May 2020 (by 10am)
Who is this retreat for?
This yoga retreat is suitable for any one of any level or experience. All sessions will include options and adjustments appropriate to any experience level, body type etc. We aim to create an inclusive and welcoming experience for all.
Who is your teacher?
Your twice daily yoga sessions will be delivered by Charlie Merton. Charlie runs her own business, Nadapriya Yoga and Therapies. She is an experienced and qualified Yoga Teacher, Crystal Healer and Sound Therapist working in London teaching at London’s top yoga studios, in addition to her local community centre.
She teaches a range of styles including Hatha-flow, Yin, Restorative, Vinyasa & Kundalini yoga and regularly leads Gong Baths in and around London. As a passionate believer in life long study and learning she has been awarded a Masters degree in Music Therapy, she has studied all of these forms extensively and has completed trainings in Kundalini yoga through Karam Kriya and Kirtan (mantra & chanting) with Nikki Slade which adds to the qualifications she holds from study with Norman Blair, Sarah Powers, Judith Lasater, Bernie Clark and Rod Stryker.
Charlie is able to integrate the depth and breadth of her knowledge and training into every session she teaches to create the optimum learning experience for all attendees.
What’s included in your yoga holiday?
• 7 nights accommodation
• Dinner on arrival day 1
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner on days 2-7
• Breakfast on departure day 8
• Wine is also available for purchase separately
• 21 hours expert yoga tuition (2 sessions per day)
• Additional extras – eg ad hoc meditation sessions, meditation walks, etc.
What’s not included in your yoga holiday?
• Airport transfers
• Single room supplement
• Massages (available by appointment)
• 121 private sessions (available for an additional cost)
7:30am Morning Rituals, Breathwork & Meditation
8:15am Morning Yoga Practice (Grounding but Dynamic Slow-Flow)
5pm Yin/Restorative Yoga Practce
£979 per person (based on 2 people sharing*)
£1279 per person (single room, limited availability)
*If you are booking on your own we will allocate you a same sex roommate.
5% discount available (£930 or £1215) if you book and make payment in full before 31st January 2020
How do I book?
£250 non-refundable deposit required to secure your place. Full balance due within 3 months of the start or by 31st January 2020 if taking the earlybird discount.
What previous participants say about my retreats
– I just wanted to say thanks again for such a lovely week. It came at just the right time and was great for unlocking both my hips and my mind. I loved getting to know everyone and I am missing everyone already. I really enjoyed your teaching style and am looking forward to coming to your classes when I get back from my travels.
– I can highly recommend Charlies professionalism in running this retreat and her calm, caring and passionate teaching
– Charlie’s retreat in Spain was exactly what I wanted: active vacation with plenty of time for relaxation and reflection. The combination of dynamic yoga class in the morning and yin yang style yoga topped up with magical gong bath at the end of every day gave a great balance to my yoga practise. I learnt new breathing techniques, which Charlie paid particular attention to. She gathered a bunch of hugely interesting and kind people creating relaxing and no-pressure environment. I would definitely recommend any retreat with Charlie because of her style, attitude and great people she attracts.
– Charlie lives and breathes yoga and the entire week flowed beautifully. We had 1.5 hours of yoga before breakfast – it sounds like a lot but it was perfect, an hour of flow and 30 minutes of breathing. It has transformed how I breathe on a daily basis. In the evening we did 2 hours of yin yoga and a gong bath. I was transported to another place.
What previous participants say about the Danena Sicily location
– Danena Sicily – is a beautiful place for those who wish to have a peaceful retreat. The surroundings are just breath taking…the sanctuary is surrounded by olive tress. I simple loved it
– The Sicilian backdrop is just beautiful. I’d love to make time to go once a year!
– I spent a week in this splendid Sicilian residence. All perfect! The pleasure of being in a place surrounded by nature, where reigns the calm and silence, perfect place to practice yoga. A 20-minute drive, there is a prize! Vendicari Nature Reserve, one of the most beautiful places in Italy.
– A serene angelic hideaway with a wonderful pool, views you can’t get bored of, fresh healthy food and a host who made us feel welcome from the second we got there. A magical experience that exceeded all expectations.